DNS Probe Finished Bad Config error is a DNS related error which disables web browsing. This error can occur in any version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, or any other famous web browser. This error mainly occurs when DNS lookup failed during accessing a web page.
DNS error can occur in any operation system i.e Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Mac OS, Ubuntu, even mobiles. During recent times the popularity of DNS error skyrocketed and many people are looking for solutions to fix it. Here in this article, I am sharing some easy methods to fix DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG browser error.
How to fix DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG ERROR
There are mainly three ways to fix the DNS PROBE Error problem. We listed these methods starting from easy and move to advance level to fix the problem.
Release Old IP And Renew It
In this method, we are going to learn how to release and renew IP address to fix DNS Probe error. You just have to follow below mentioned steps.
- Open Command Prompt Aka CMD from the start menu. You can also press Windows key+Rto open search menu. Then type CMD and press enter to open a command prompt. Make sure you run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type ipconfig/release and press enter to execute a command.
- Now type ipconfig/renew and press enter to renew your IP address.
- Open any browser and check if the problem is solved or not.
Flushing DNS To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ERROR
DNS flushing will probably solve the issue if it is not solved by releasing and renewing IP address with help of Command Prompt. DNS Flushing can solve DNS Cache errors to resolve the issue.
- Open CMD (Command Prompt).
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.
- DNS will be successfully flushed by now.
- Open a browser and type Google.com to see if the issue is fixed or not.
You can also try netsh winsock reset catalog if ipconfig /flushdns did not solve the problem.
Tweaking Your DNS Settings to Fix DNS Probe Finished Bad Config
We have to do some tweaks to DNS Settings if both above mentioned methods failed to resolve the DNS Probe Error issue. Follow below mentioned steps to solve your problem.
- Right click on network icon and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Select “Change Adapter Settings” from the left menu of the window.
- A new window of available and active network connection opens up in front of you. Right-click on your active network and select properties.
- Scroll down until you find “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Open properties by double-clicking.
- Click “Use Following DNS Server Addresses” and Type 184.108.40.206 in preferred and 220.127.116.11 in Alternative DNS Server. Click Ok To save settings.
- Open a browser and type any web address and enjoy web surfing.
Share which method help’s you to resolve DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG ERROR on your PC in comments. I will keep updating this article with latest ways to fix DNS Probe finished bad config error. Bye, for now, see you next time with some other helping material.